Pages

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Mistress and Other Random Thoughts


The Mistress

OK, maybe I need to start off by finding a new name for my new bike. The next thing I would like to do is apologize for my Halloween blog, it is full of typographic and grammatical errors. I have found that it is a bad idea to do anything while on Ambien. This is especially true of blogging and Facebook. The next day I discover that I have done something horribly embarrassing and quickly rush to delete any ridiculous comments. In the case of the Halloween blog, I didn't realize I had posted it for a couple of days. That is enough about the Ambien induced ramblings and back to the subject of naming my bike.

If anyone can think of a name that is less suggestive then "The Mistress" please let me know by commenting below, it bothers Emily when I say I am going to spend some quality time with my "Mistress." This bike is possibly the smoothest riding bike I have ever owned.




Although I am having a hard time getting used to the Italian components (the shifters are set up differently) I will soon get the hang of it. Right now I am having a hard time wanting to get it dirty. Riding it on a wet street would result in road grime getting in groves. For those of you who don't care about bikes, it would be like the first time you spill a 32 ounce Coke in your car. No matter how hard you try, you can never get the Coke out of the groves and the buttons always stick. However, once I get past the grime it is game on. This is similar to getting your first door ding on a new car, after which you will park next to this car at Wal-mart with no reservations.


PeopleofWalMart.com


In fact, it felt weird putting lubricant on the chain. This bike has never been ridden, which is why it has not had oil on the chain. I purchased this bike on 23 October and was able to ride it for the first time on Sunday. Tomorrow I will take it to the battlefield for some miles. That is if it is not raining, mainly because I am a wimp, not because I do not want to get it wet. Once again, please let me know if you can come up with a better name. I am really going after something that passes the ride test. For those who are not familiar with the "ride test," you must be able to say "I am going to ride (insert name of bike here)" without being offensive. I also recommend that you make suggestions while Ambien free. Thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment