Pages

Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Race Against the Clock






Can you tell what our priorities are? Yes, the couch is almost full!

I have never participated in a true bicycle race. However, I race everyday, it is a race against the clock. From the time that annoying buzz goes off to the time I reset it at night, I race. I think the reason people are reluctant to commute on bicycles (other then the fact they may be in "the comfort zone") is that it takes planning and organization. If you are not organized or you do not plan your route, bicycle commuting can be difficult. I have to get up very early. I hate early. If I am not prepared the night before I will not make it on time or I drive. I strongly dislike cars.

It takes me about 15 minutes to drive to my office. It takes about 25-30 minutes to ride and tack on about 15-20 of minutes to change out of my padded shorts (I am getting soft), shower, and I am ready to go.

Everyday I race the clock, from the time the alarm goes off until the time I get to my destination. Some days I win, others I lose, but I always feel more refreshed and awake when I ride.

The more I do it the faster I get (well, maybe more efficient). I love to ride, often times the commute is the only ride I get in.

The other day I found a new incentive to go faster.


I am trying to figure out why there were bullets on the bridge.



Maybe I need Vance as a wingman!


He was packing heat?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment