Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

COLD!!!

It is the time of year when I look at the temperature before I get ready for work and let out a little sigh.  I don't mind the cold, after all, I grew up in a cold place and even lived in Fairbanks, Alaska for four years.  I have ridden in -30 degree Fahrenheit weather.  It is kind of like swimming in a high mountain lake, you just need to get in past your waist!  The easiest way is just to jump in. 

The problem is that every year I run into the same problem, 28degrees, 20 degrees, 10 degrees......what should I wear.  My shoes are half mesh as are my gloves.  My helmet is full of vents and my head is bald.  Every year I say that I am going to make some sort of matrix that shows temperature and what to wear.  I never do. 

To much clothing and I panic in the sweltering heat, sweating until I stop where I promptly freeze.  To little and my fingers and toes go numb.  It is better to start a little chilly and warm up but the other night my toes froze.

This year I plan on riding as much as possible, my biggest problem is that all of my cold weather stuff is shot and since I have been living in Virginia, I have not bothered to invest in cold weather stuff, at least not the stuff for Iowa. 

I think I am going to stop typing and develop a matrix.......oh, who am I kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment