Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Community Service: no I am not in trouble.

The other day while in Richmond, I dropped off some bike stuff I no longer need. Richmond Re-cycles is a great place to drop off used parts or bikes http://www.richmondre-cycles.com/. They are a community focused bike shop and provide a great service in addition to inexpensive parts and service. One of the items I dropped off was a tool tray for an old work stand. I had found the tray in the basement, I didn’t want to throw it away, but I dropped the work stand off about one year ago with the “purple people eater.” I thought they might know who bought the work stand. Once again, I didn’t want to see it go to waste.

As I walked through the door, I was pleased to see the work stand by the entrance of their new shop. I told the man that I had the work tray for it. He told me that it was used for quick repairs. It brought a lot of joy to my heart to know that places like this exist and that I somehow made a small contribution to their efforts to provide low cost or free service to keep bike riders riding. He gave me a couple of inner tubes, which I always need. What a great place.

I am actually very glad to have these inner tubes. No sooner did I post a blog about not having a flat in a long time, I went to leave the house bright and early this morning.....you guessed it, I had a flat. I was able to put my spare wheels on and was only set back a couple of minutes. How is that for luck. At least I have spare wheels set up.

No comments:

Post a Comment